Googlenoia is the fear of what Google may do next to your PageRank or search engine indexing. Many people are still worried that Google will hand down penalties for innocent linking to other sites. Some have made every link, internal and external, on their blog ‘nofollow’. Others are looking for an angle to beat Google. Here are the latest links I’ve found on this phenomena.
Googlenoia continues to sweep the blogosphere. Several bloggers are concerned that having virtually any kind of followed link from your site is sure to cause a PageRank slapdown by Google. Here are some links to sites where this is mentioned and a chance to have your Googlenoid link added to the mix.
There’s continued buzz around the blogosphere about the recent Google PageRank demotions of blogs using Pay Per Post, Smorty, and other review services. Some believe that there is no problem if you follow Google Webmaster Rules on paid links while others seem to be so afraid of what Google will do next they’re afraid to mention certain sites in their articles. In short, many bloggers have become paranoid about what Google will do next. I’m calling it “Googlenoia”.
Courtney Tuttle wrote this article, RealRank™ Doesn’t Solve Anything For Bloggers, discussing the recent wholesale PageRank slaughter of PayPerPost using blogs and IZEA’s attempt at creating an alternative ranking system. Of course, the conversation turns to Google’s practices and are they potentially illegal under US and EU monopoly laws.
Much like Google, Standard Oil was the technology leader in their day and relied upon an efficient delivery system and responsible management to provide consumers with petroleum products. They even “did no evil” by being surprisingly ‘green’ for their day and time, finding ways to resell waste products rather than polluting with them. However, they soon became evil by using aggressive practices to destroy competitors’ businesses.
- Google Bombs, Google Slaps and Link Building
- Adsense Optimization Tips
- Duplicate Content Filtering Concepts
- Avoiding the Google Sandbox
- Google Toolbar Allows Phishing Attacks
- Googlenoia Update #2
- Googlenoia Update #1
- Do You Have “Googlenoia”?
- Is Google Evil?
- Google and MySpace Hook Up
- Google Hits $700 a Share
- Google Phone = $$$?
- Did the Recent Google PageRank Update Help Scrappers?
- The Long Awaited Google Toolbar PageRank Update Arrives
- Google Takes Another PR Swipe At Top Bloggers
- Google Wants to Know What You’re Watching on TV
- Google Third Quarter Profit Soars 46 Percent
- The Power of Buzz Marketing
- Google’s Growth Risks
- Solving the Toolbar PR and Paid Links Crisis
- Google/YouTube Video Units are Here
- Google Lowers PR on Some Sites