Revised January 22, 2008
Welcome to OpTempo.
Hi, my name is Frank Carr. I’m posting here by my initials, JFC.
This blog originally started as an experiment in rapid paced blogging where I made 200 posts between October 6, 2007 and October 31, 2007. The overall topic here is sort of ‘anything goes’ although my primary focus right now is on product reviews and buying guides for new and vintage items. I also mention various Internet Marketing topics from time to time as well as my own software products although I’m now posting articles on this topic on my new blog, Earn Online Cash.
Some people have asked where I get products for review. I primarily get them from local retailers and chain stores where I’ve established a working relationship with owners and managers. Some items I test out are returned items, refurbished products or are otherwise on the secondary market. Others belong to friends who were kind enough to let me review them.
I’ve also dabbled in the collectibles and antique market over the years and I was an active seller of such items on eBay a few years ago although I rarely sell on eBay these days. Some of my family members are more into the collectibles and antiques so I consult with them from time to time as well.
If you’re into computer programming, you might want to check out my software development blog, Visual Basic Notebook for .NET. I also have a more in-depth bio on my technical background there in the About page, but the short version is that I’ve been a software developer and business systems analyst/consultant for over 20 years.
If you’re wondering why I’m not a rock star guitarist, you can check out my SoundClick page where I expose my guitar playing to an unwitting world (Mountain Dew Morning, A Miner at a Fair and Of Unknown Origin are my best ones, IMO.)
If you’re wondering what my monkey logo means, check out this post: What’s With The Monkey?
My Recommended Articles
Here’s a list of my favorite OpTempo articles, primarily for those of you who’re interesting in Internet Marketing and Blogging Tips.
The Secret Guide to Social Blogging Success: Parts 1 through 6
This series is a semi-serious/semi-satirical look at “Make Money Online” social blogging and how to be a success doing it.
- Laying the Ground Work for Your Fame Blog
- Launching Your Blog and Building Buzz
- Fake It Until You Make It
- Google Shmoogle
- “The Ramp”
- The End Game
Articles about using WordPress and WordPress Themes
Articles about using Blogger
- BANS vs. Blogger
- Niche Blog Hosting: WordPress vs. Blogger
- Inline Ads Blogger Template
- Blogger Template for eBay Sniplets
General Blogging Ideas and Advice
- Link Cluster Building Ideas
- A Helping Hand to a New “Make Money Online” Blogger
- Someone Please Tell Me the Secret
- Niche Blog vs. Social Blog
- Avoiding the Google Sandbox
- Trends Blogging Observations
- Duplicate Content Filtering Concepts
- Keyword Selection Sources
- Sarah Jessica Parker vs. The Horse
Niche Blogging Ideas and Advice
- Arte Moreno’s Niche Blogging Lessons
- Niche Blog Content Ideas and Experiences
- Link Building Tips for Niche Blogs
- Niche Blogging: Limit Visitor Choices?
- Niche Blog Beginner Tips
- MSNBC Catches Up With Niche Blogging
- More ‘How To Write Niche Blog Articles’ Fun
- The Art of the Rewrite
- Finding Niche Blog Content
- How to Create ‘Fast Food’ Articles
- eBook Review: How To Develop Money-Making Niche Sites with WordPress
- How to Use Outlining to Create Your Articles
- Niche Blog Ramblings
- How To Recycle Your Niche Blog’s Posts
eBay Partner Network (EPN) and Build A Niche Store (BANS)
- EPN Toolkit Ideas
- What I Like About the EPN Toolkit Sniplet Widgets
- eBay Category Selection for BANS
- Adding an eBay Sniplets to a WordPress Blog
Blog Monetization Options Series
This series is about the options for monetizing an average blog with the goal of earning $100-200 a month from it. Some of the information is outdated but it might still be interesting to you.
- Your Blog Monetization Options: Part I - Pay-Per-Click Ads
- Your Blog Monetization Options: Part II - Affiliate Ad Widgets
- Your Blog Monetization Options: Part III - Affiliate Offers
- Your Blog Monetization Options: Part IV - Paid Links
- Your Blog Monetization Options: Part V - Paid Reviews
- Your Blog Monetization Options: Part VI - Do-It-Yourself
Big Honkin’ Ads Series
This series offers a little info about my advertising strategy on OpTempo.
- Big Honkin’ Ads … Do They Work?
- Big Honkin’ Ads: Ad Selection Strategies
- Big Honkin’ Ads: Ad Placement Strategies
- Bye-Bye 125’s
Using Images On Your Blog Series
This series discusses using images on a blog and how I use them here on OpTempo.