Blogrush Sucks - The Final Flush

Yes, the blog widget that told me about a year ago that this blog sucked is no more. It has ceased to be. It has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. It is an ex-widget.

Can’t say I’ll miss them although my Blogrush Sucks category and tag helped bring in more traffic than the widget ever would have.

In his swan song email Reese at least admits that his ‘quality checkers’ screwed up when it came to evaluating blogs:

We also had some problems with trying to fairly control the quality of the network, and in the process made many mistakes in deciding what blogs should stay or go.

In my view, this mistake was probably the one that insured the failure of the system. It made many legitimate bloggers angry with the widget and led to them refusing to click the widget or even ad block it. This kind of ‘customer service’ not only left a bad taste for Blogrush but also for any future endeavors by Mr. Reese.

However, I sure it doesn’t matter to him. He’s got a huge email list and considerable raw data from Blogrush he can exploit to lure people into his next big thing. Best of luck to him but he can count on people remembering how he treated them with Blogrush.

Blogrush Sucks - Doing the Blogrush Flush!

Do you have any thoughts on the demise of Blogrush? If so, leave a comment.

Comment by Trent Brownrigg
2008-10-30 20:46:29

I never thought BlogRush was very good. Sounded like a great idea at first and I jumped on it just like everyone else. However, I took it off my blog within about a month or so because it sucked. I haven’t seen it on many blogs for a long time so I assume most people had the same thoughts about it as we do.

2008-11-22 23:42:06

I never jumped on to this bus because I never saw the potential in it. Looks like I was right :D

Comment by lissie
2008-10-31 05:49:06

Blogrush is a dead parrot, a deceased widget, a widget that is no more! Blogrush is was only sitting on its perch because it had been nailed there, otherwise it would have been pushing up daisies.
I didn’t even use BCW to write this Lissie!

Comment by Ben Pei
2008-11-02 07:50:32

Yeah time to remove it from your blogs!

Comment by Mayan Hammocks
2008-11-02 19:18:55

I used Blogrush on one large blog and never got one visitor from it in over 3 months of have the widget displayed. I figure I must have lost a few dozen dollars in revenue because that thing took up valuable space.
Good riddance! Blogrush does suck!
AL

Comment by donny
2008-11-02 23:23:58

John Reese just like other gurus, they sucks in providing quality products. All they know is hype up a rubbish product and make money for themselves.

Comment by How To Make Money
2008-11-04 21:49:31

I didn’t use BlogRush, but I did see it everywhere. I never really feel in love with it. It just didn’t fit what I was trying to accomplish with my blogs at the time, or now.

The concept was cool though. But I don’t think that it says John Reese is a “baaaaddd” man. Or that all of his product are bogus now.

And again…wasn’t blogrush free. Although it didn’t become the next “widget of the year” it did ok. And I don’t know how many Internet Marketers (or just plain people) would actually come out and say hey I had a great idea, I tried it, didn’t do as well as I’d hoped, but I apologize. Pretty big kahunas to admit that online.

Comment by Web Marketing
2008-11-07 06:30:41

Well farewell to them! I didn’t think they’d last anyway… So this is no surprise at all to me.

Comment by Don
2008-11-26 20:50:33

LOL I got told I sucked too Frank, good riddance I say

Comment by Matt Helphrey
2008-12-11 15:24:28

Yup. Have to agree…it sucked. Sorry to say I had the widget forever and I was not sorry to see it go.

Comment by Heavy Metal Me
2009-02-10 05:22:04

I concur with most of the comments already here… I hopped on the bandwagon pretty quick… And hopped off almost as swiftly