Harley-Davidson Museum

On this Saturday, July 12, 2008, the Harley-Davidson Museum will being opening to the public at 400 Canal Street in Milwaukee, WI USA. This new museum promises to be yet another good reason to visit Milwaukee. Let’s take a look at what’s being said about the grand opening festivities and the museum itself.

Article continued below…

Harley-Davidson Museum will officially open the public at 10 am on Saturday, July 12, 2008. In addition to the museum itself visitors will be able to enjoy opening day features like tattoo artists and live music. The governor of Wisconsin, James Doyle, is scheduled to appear for the opening ceremony. Another feature of the day will be Harley-Davidson CEO Jim Ziemer receiving his very first tattoo to commemorate the occasion. I wonder if having a Harley-Davidson tattoo will hurt his future employment prospects?

If you’re going to Harley-Davidson Museum grand opening event, it is recommended that you buy your tickets in advance. I suspect it will be quite crowded but it should be a lot of fun for those who’re able to attend.

The Harley-Davidson Museum features a collection of over 400 motorcycles. Some of these bikes include ones owned by Elvis and Evel Knievel. Another interesting motorcycle on display is the first official Harley-Davidson motorcycle ever built. The museum will also feature interactive displays such as a virtual motorcycle ride. Museum officials anticipate 350,000 visitors a year will come to the museum. For more information, check out their web site: Harley-Davidson Museum.

Comment by Jacob Angel
2008-07-09 13:32:42

If I get out to Chicago again soon (I was just there for a meeting) I’m SO making a side trip to Milwaukee to see the Harley-Davidson museum.

But … as much as I love Harleys, there’s no way in heck I’d be getting a tattoo of their logo (or of anything else for that matter).

Comment by Ami Ohayon
2008-07-09 13:38:23

This sounds like a must-see for bike freaks like me. 400 Harley Davidson motorcycles in one museum? Milwaukee here we come!

2008-07-09 19:16:53

Oh when I get old I am going to swap my scooter for a Harley Davidson! And Ive never been to Milwaukee -so Harley Davidson motorcycle museum here I come!

Comment by All About Nothing
2008-07-11 02:42:12

Perhaps Harley-Davidson will one day come out with a scooter model? That might be an interesting addition to their line, and to the Harley-Davidson Museum.

But I won’t hold my breath waiting for that to happen!

2008-07-11 19:04:27

I wonder what his first tattoo will be.

2008-07-23 20:39:45

Hi Xenon,

He got inked with a Harley-Davidson bar and shield logo set against an American flag.

Comment by Xenon Light
2008-07-23 16:17:10

You don’t get much better than Harley Davidson, sorry. It really is one of the greatest motorcycle manufacturers ever.

2008-07-23 20:40:32

They had some off years in the 70’s but became quite a turn around story later.

2008-07-31 23:39:53

Showing my ignorance here, but why Milwaukee? Does Harley-Davidson have a connection to that city?

Comment by diredooria
2008-08-02 22:50:53

Very nice!!

Sorry, I don’t have anything without spam in it.

Comment by Hot Tattoo Designs
2008-08-12 12:21:34

Lots to think about from your post. I look forward to my next visit.

Do you think he’ll notice this is an autogenerated spam comment? It sounds soooo sincere, like I actually read the article. This software is great!

Comment by Harley Axels
2008-10-18 14:53:21

My friend is a Harley freak. She says the Harleys are actually a rough ride - they are beautiful and known for their attention getting noise. But this same noise is what makes the rides rough especailly at long distances.

Another rider swears that the BMW touring bikes are the best. Smooth.

I guess that’s another reason for Harley’s popularity - the look how tough I am image has appeal