Beehive Cake Molds

If you ever wanted to bake an impressive cake you might want to try a Beehive Cake. In order to make a Beehive Cake you’ll need a Beehive Cake mold to make the most of it. Using a cake mold allows you to bake a cake that will thrill your party guests without spending a lot of time fussing over getting the exact layers just right. In this article we’ll take a quick look at some Beehive Cake Molds and a few simple ideas you can use.

Article Continued Below…

One of the most popular Beehive Cake Molds is the Williams-Sonoma Nordicware mold. This cake mold was used to create cakes that appeared on the cover of Martha Stewart Living. The two hive halves bake in the pan separately. Once the cake is baked you simply press the two halves together using icing and you’re done. This pan makes a finished hive that’s 7 inches at the base, 2 inches across at the top and 7 inches high.

You can make your Beehive Cake from scratch or you can just use an off the shelf mix. It’s quite easy to do with the mold and can save you hours of work trying to get the cake just right. When you use a good cake mold it can make your job so much easier because it allows you to spend more time decorating and being creative.

To adorn the cake you make with a Beehive Cake Mold I recommend also buying bee shaped candy molds. While the cake mold itself has bees buzzing around the hive, it can add a nice touch to put some candy bees in contrasting colors, or even painted up with food coloring like a real bee, around the hive. Flower candy molds are also a popular stylistic addition. So, when you’re looking for a Beehive Cake Mold also look for matching candy molds to enhance the effect.

Comment by Judy Online
2008-07-09 01:43:36

This looks absolutely delicious, and a simple way to make a special-occasion desert. I’ll have to look in my local kitchen supply store and see if they have a Beehive Cake mold.

Comment by Cect 168 Phones
2008-07-09 01:51:22

I think I’ll buy a beehive cake mold and give this a try with a honey-cake recipe in the Fall, as a special dessert for Rosh HaShanah, the Jewish New Year.

We have a custom of serving honey cake in the hope that we’ll have a “shana tova u’metuka”, a “good and sweet New Year”.

Comment by Cheap Anime Games
2008-07-09 01:55:40

Cect - I’ll make a note in my calendar to stop by for honey cake when you bake it … how’s early evening for you? I’ll bring some bee shaped candy to help decorate the beehive cake.

;-)

2008-07-09 02:27:39

It will take more than a Beehive Cake Mold to get me into cake making. My main problem with cake making is of course the consumption of said Beehive Cake after I have made it - it is no good for weight loss you know. Maybe for Christmas I will try something differnet with a Beehive Cake Mold Lissie

2008-07-09 10:33:23

Hi Lissie,

These cakes have been a hit at parties. Slicing such a tall cake is a bit tricky so it’s a good idea to have a long cake slicing or bread knife to do it. Some people slice them very thin or cut the cake horizontally to insure more reasonably sized slices of cake.

I have seen people just have them at parties for decoration only, not for eating! What’s the use of that?!?

2008-07-09 19:18:36

Thanks sick Frank - whats the good of a cake you don’t eat! If I had a Beehive Cake Mold it would be purely for making a cake for EATING Duh!

Comment by Judy Online
2008-07-11 02:39:49

Lissie — you obviously don’t believe that you can have your beehive cake and eat it too!

Comment by trade show booths
2008-07-09 09:03:42

Hi Frank, Interesting article. I’m surprised by the number of comments this is getting and how interested people must be in beehive cake molds. I wish I could generated the same interest in my trade show booths. :) I like Williams-Sonoma. We have one in our local mall. They usually give out samples of free hot cider during the Christmas season. I think the smell of the cider brings in even more customers, and the sampling seems like good marketing. We’ve had an unopened tin of their special cider spice mix in the pantry for a few years now that we got because their samples tasted so good, but then we never got around to getting the apple juice to make it. :) ~ Steve

Comment by Cheap Anime Games
2008-07-10 09:13:35

So, Steve -

When Cect invites us all over for beehive cake, remember to bring that hot apple cider with you. It’ll go great with the cake.

2008-07-16 14:44:28

Although it goes against the spirit of my business, I have to say that a beehive cake sounds bellissimo!

2008-07-31 23:43:46

Wow, I have never seen one of these cakes. I think it would be fun to have a neighborhood Whinnie-the-Pooh party for the young children on our block and have one of these cakes at the party. I rarely bake cakes, but with a mold like those, it looks easy to make a spectacular cake.