Bill Engvall - Dork Fish

Here’s a funny comedy routine by Bill Engvall called Dork Fish.

Bill Engvall’s first big break was a comedy music video with Travis Tritt called Here’s Your Sign. Over the years Engvall has had other music and comedy hits. He is part of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour with the likes of Jeff Foxworthy, Ron White, and Larry the Cable Guy. He currently stars in the TBS comedy series The Bill Engvall Show which started its second season last month.

Comment by trade show booths
2008-07-05 22:44:36

Frank, a very funny video. I’ve seen Bill before (on Comedy Central) and like him. I’ll have to remember to bring corn dogs the next time I go fishing. Wow, that would be quite a catch! ~ Steve

Comment by Buy Gothic Dresses
2008-07-06 03:42:51

I’ve never heard of Bill Engvall before, but this Dork Fish video was very funny. I liked his Whale Watching one too … it popped up right next to this one in You Tube. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment by Judy Online
2008-07-06 03:47:15

I think Bill Engvall must be an acquired taste, I really don’t understand this one at all. More often than not, I quite enjoy American humour; we get a lot of American TV series here in the United Kingdom, but this fellow has too many cultural references that I just don’t understand. But I’ve no doubt exactly the same thing is true when British comedians come to America.

2008-07-06 07:56:24

Hi Judy,

His humor is very much based in the American Southeast so if you don’t know the idioms that well it might not work for you. I would guess it’s sort of like most Americans not getting Benny Hill or Fry & Laurie.

Comment by Cect 168 Phones
2008-07-06 03:50:39

Great video thanks very much. I’ve been a big fan of Bill Engvall for a while, ever since I saw him on the blue-collar comedy tour. Very very funny guy. His bit on deer hunting is also just a crack up. But dork fish was an excellent selection too.

2008-07-06 04:21:56

Wow, I remember that video with Travis Tritt, but I had no idea of the guys name. Thanks very much for the link — that’s a very funny routine. Bill Engvall really is extremely good.

I’ve been watching him on TBS for a few months now, but never made the connection to the Travis Tritt video.

Comment by Lux
2008-07-06 20:59:28

Funny Frank: you are certainly introducing me to a whole lot of American comedians that I had never heard of! Still think Billy Connolley is one of my favourites though. Was it Bill Engvall who did the stupid sign skit: that was hilarious!
Lissie

Comment by Buy Gothic Dresses
2008-07-08 13:38:15

Oh, I used to adore Billy Connolly … do you remember his banana boots?