Some Links - eBay Niche Edition

It’s been a while since I’ve done a ’speed linking’ type post so I thought I’d do one today to show some interesting sites I found and to show how I use my Link Luv Post Builder program.

Niche Marketing on eBay is a good look at finding niche markets on eBay as an eBay seller. If you’re operating BANS or other eBay affiliate sites you might find this information useful.

Vinny Lingo brought this new eBay affiliate WordPress Plugin: WP TagAds. It’s a way to get semi-contextual eBay affiliate ads on your WordPress blog. I’m going to be giving it a try to see how well it works.

Alan at Internet Marketing Nirvana talks about using PHPBay when Creating eBay Niche Stores like BANS with Wordpress. Overall, I’ve found using the eBay sniplets to be quite effective and I decided against continuing with PHPBay. This product would probably be OK for someone who was comfortable working with WordPress and didn’t want to take up learning BANS.

Niche Store Writer is a nice content generation program geared toward developing content quickly and easily for BANS (Build A Niche Store) sites. Its template based solution makes it a snap to put together unique content for your sites faster than you probably could with manual methods.

Is Asthma Merchandise A Profitable eBay Niche is an interesting examination of a niche that people wouldn’t necessarily think of when it comes to eBay.

Lastly this article by Lisa Suttora Finding Your Niche on eBay is More Important Than Ever is another article that looks at things from an eBay seller’s perspective but that also contains potentially useful information for eBay affiliates as well.

That’s it for this edition of ‘Some Links’. Do you have an article about eBay niche marketing? If so, feel free to leave a link to it.

Comment by Dinheiro
2008-05-31 13:22:07

Hi frank, another great post, as allways! For me i really prefer wordpress for making my “bans” sites. I developed my own plugin for integrating ebay, and i’m very happy with the results. This kind of wordpress-ebay sites perform much better than the bans sites. But it’s like everything else, what give results to me, for others may not work.

2008-05-31 13:49:00

Hi Dinheiro,

I’m gotten a lot more results from WordPress and Blogger sites than BANS sites. That’s probably because my BANS are all .info and new.

Comment by Dinheiro
2008-06-01 11:58:24

.info are not easy to rank anymore, since spammers used and abused of .info domains. But if you convert that bans sites to a wordpress blog with ebay integrated, i’m sure you’ll much more results.

Comment by Easy Auction Deals
2008-06-03 01:18:49

Are you selling copies of your WP eBay plug-in by chance? If so, will it be updated to work with the new PepperJam program?

Rhonda

2008-06-03 06:41:36

Hi Rhonda,

I’m not using a plugin. I’m using the eBay Sniplet tool. Just click on Tools | Widgets on the EPN page.

I don’t know what PepperJam will be offering in this area yet but the Sniplets are very flexible and work rather well.

Comment by Max@Viliat-Blog
2008-08-11 18:54:31

phpBay plugin and wordpress blog is much better option than BANS script. They will take your eBay store to the next level with flexibility of wordpress and power of phphBay. Interesting idea with WP TagAds plugin, will give it a try soon.

2008-08-11 20:30:36

Hi Max,

Remember the important thing is getting the click-thru to eBay, not how good the site looks, if you’re running a pure niche site. If you’re running a flagship blog, like I’m doing here, or using eBay ads to supplement a content site then the visitor friendliness matters more.

Comment by Max@Viliat-Blog
2008-08-12 13:01:03

Hi Frank,

absolutely agree with you about visitor friendliness. My comment was more for marketers who did not decide yet between BANS or phpBay. I’d suggest to go with phpBay (and it costs less :-).

Comment by Niche Search
2008-11-01 18:44:17

I have been using both wp phpBay plugin and the stand alone phpBay api. I have been extemely please with both performance and ease of use. For marketers with experience and flexibility, wp phpbay plugin is the way to go. I used BANS sometime ago and the complexity of setting it up was a nightmare to say the less.

Cheers.

Nick

Comment by Wholesale
2008-11-05 12:01:30

I read and eBook where the guy suggested searching through the “WANTED” ads in the “FOR SALE” section of craigslist. He suggested that if someone is looking for “Fishing Rods 1957″ that you search ebay for “Fishing Rods 1957″ and give him a link to those searches with your ebay affiliate link.

If he signs up as a new customer you’ll get $25 and you also get a % of his purchases… There is a lot of work involved in this though.. you have to be efficient at searching ebay.