Jenn had sent in this interview right at the height of my move to a new house so it got delayed both by that and by me placing it in the wrong email folder. Sorry for the delay Jenn. Here’s the inteview:
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
My name is Jenn and I live in California.
2. Why did you start blogging? How long have you been blogging?
Until I started blogging, I had never written fiction in my life! But one day I was blog-hopping, saw a writing prompt site and thought, “Hm, wonder if I can do that.” So I decided to give it a whirl and founded MixedMetaphor.net in mid-November 2007.
3. What Blogging platform do you use and why?
WordPress as all the research I did indicated that it was the most versatile and functional software.
4. What goals do you have for your blog over the next (month, 6 months, year)?
I want to finish “The Letter,” a multi-party fictional work that is posted on my site. I’m not exactly sure how the story is going to conclude . . . I’m sort of letting it flow where it will. It has kind of a life of its own!
I am also writing more short stories that I plan to publish there. Obviously, I would love to have more traffic and RSS subscribers — folks who enjoy my work.
5. What do you consider the most unique thing about your blog?
My content which I intend to expand to include writing and blogging tips. But for right now, I am focused upon my fictional stories, esp. “The Letter.”
6. What are some blogs, other than your own, that you read frequently?
The blogs that are listed in the left sidebar of my site under the heading “Check Out These Writers.”
7. What is your strongest asset in blogging?
I prefer to let my writing speak for itself.
8. How do you promote your blog?
Primarily through Entrecard and Project Wonderful.