BlogRush, BlogFlush - A BlogRush Sucks Update

BlogRush Sucks

Could this be the final BlogRush Sucks Update? Things aren’t looking good for them as more and more blogs decide to “Flush the Rush“. Here’s a round-up of them.

First up is John Cow. He announced he was Flushing the Rush in this article, Brushing Off Blogrush. He also decided to pull EntreCard as well, as described here: The Last Drop For Entrecard. Apparently the flaws in the EntreCard economic system are beginning to come out and the Cow raises some good points.

Lin, at Telling It Like It Is, Flushed the Rush in this post, Giving BlogRush the Flush - Will Entrecard be Next?. She also mentions some dissatisfaction with EntreCard too.

A plunger may be needed to flush the rushDelusions of Grandeur breaks down the awful BlogRush numbers in this post, Abandon Ship. He’s still showing the widget though. Time to pull the chain and watch it go down. Use this handy online plunger if you need it.

At Blogging Mix, there’s this article that looks at EntreCard vs. BlogRush: Entrecard Is Winning Over Blogrush. They run the numbers and declare EntreCard the clear winner.

EntreCard kicks out BlogRush - A better way to drive traffic to you blog describes why Terence of The Internet Entrepreneur Diary gave BlogRush a swirlie.

Hot Dog Truck also did the math in this post about BlogRush. Be careful about visiting this blog though. It might make you hungry. :)

Two Toilets, No Waiting, Flush the RushJacob of Dorm Earning gave them this send off, Sayonara BlogRush.

WealthStore.com mentions a common BlogRush problem, spammy links, in this article: Blogrush Is Gone Johnson!.

And last up for this update, WYPOV.com is Dumping BlogRush?

That’s it for this BlogRush Sucks update. Will it be the last one? Will the last person to Flush the Rush please spray some air freshener and turn off the lights?

Have you Flushed the Rush recently. If so, leave a comment and I’ll slip your article about it into this post.

Comment by Lin
2008-01-14 17:25:57

It’s amazing how the smell of my blog has greatly improved just by flushing BlogRush. I should have done it much sooner. Actually, I shouldn’t have gotten sucked into it in the first place. I don’t know if there’s a strong enough air freshener to clear the stench completely away, but flushing BlogRush is a good start.

2008-01-14 17:46:09

Hi Lin,

What’s going to be interesting is how the EntreCard thing plays out over the next few months. I could see it becoming very insular based on what you said and what John Cow said about it.

Comment by Simonne
2008-01-14 17:30:27

Of course everybody dumps this Blog Rash… eeer.. Rush. There’s no wonder, taking into account their lack of professionalism when they kicked a lot of good blogs out of their network.

2008-01-14 17:41:46

Hi Simonne,

Their low quality quality audit (a ‘bot hit of about 10 seconds) is what got me started on this whole category.

Comment by Vic
2008-01-15 00:05:58

I wonder what their actual numbers are it would be interesting and would love to see if they think it was a mistake to dump all those blogs back then. I think that was the beginning of the end.

2008-01-15 01:06:57

Hi Vic,

When you kick out 9998 legit blogs and 2 splogs, what else can you expect but to piss a lot of people off. Many of them adblocked the widget or just refused to click on it period after that. I think the lack of traffic from it would have killed it in the long run but being a jackass to 10,000 customers hastened it’s downfall.

Cow had some interesting numbers posted on his article. I’d guess they’re losing active membership rapidly due to EntreCard, which, while flawed, does actually bring traffic. If I had to take a guess I’d say they have fewer than 2000 active members at this point.

Comment by Vic
2008-01-15 06:41:13

Talk about blowing away 2 million in funding LMAO

2008-01-15 09:17:43

Having been around during the dotcom boom and bust days that actually seems like small potatoes. 2M won’t buy that many Aeron chairs. :o :)

Comment by James Bashkin
2008-01-15 02:04:40

Thanks, I had not been paying enough attention, apparently. I used StumbleUpon to tag your post and removed blogr@@@ from my blog at http://nearlynothingbutnovels.blogspot.com/

Luckily (and sometimes not), my wordpress.com blog, http://greenchemistry.wordpress.com doesn’t allow lots of these widgets. Probably just as well, though I miss out on a few things.

Best wishes, Jim

2008-01-15 09:21:33

Thanks James,

Sorry about the moderation delay. Links in comments get automatically moderated to prevent spamming.

Congrats on “Flushing the Rush”.

Comment by James Bashkin
2008-01-23 18:00:28

Hi. You seem to be getting some traffic from my article, which I;m glad to see.

I wanted to tell you that I had to take down the Intense Debate commenting system. It stopped working and I never heard back from “the next level” of tech support. I still have an acct, but I’m back to using traditional blogger comments. This is a shame, because it was a great system, but it frustrated several readers (and me), and I can’t tolerate much of that.

Your comments were recovered and put in as text at the end of the post.

Best wishes,

Jim

2008-01-23 19:40:46

Thanks Jim,

Sorry to hear that Intense Debate didn’t work out for you. Blogger comments are certainly a challenge. As was discussed in my recent article, Niche Blog Hosting: WordPress vs. Blogger it seems like Google should step up and improve them.

Comment by Freelance Writing
2008-01-15 07:47:52

Well, I’m just glad I didn’t get flushed in the rush, aehm…I mean didn’t get sucked into the rush. Looks like a loosing system alright.

I suppose one never knows until one tries and we can’t pblame the ones who held hope.
Monika

2008-01-15 09:24:23

Hi Monika,

It had some promise but they implemented so wrong and compounded the error with very poor customer relations. When you’re a little start-up you can’t act like you’re Google or eBay.

2008-01-15 10:05:54

I’m surprised that so many people held out for so long on these systems. If people really want a big influx of visitors to their site (quality visitors, perhaps), then it’s all about writing quality posts or giving people something they want.

That said, I should really heed my own words and write some quality content that people actually want :P

Great article, Frank! Zoomed.

2008-01-15 11:46:06

Hi Jason,

It’s a little more complicated than just writing something good. Promotion of some type is required to get people to show up at your blog to read your quality content. BlogRush simply didn’t deliver in that area as compared to other widgets.

Comment by Arlene Whiting
2008-01-15 13:28:44

I learned several new things today; there is a John Cow and John Chow. The Entrecard is under speculation as to its level of success in the future and that blog rush has been flushed.

Well needless to say you all saved me from a lot of research in reference to the Entrecard. In fact I just found out about it last night when reading a post one of my Stumbleupon buddies sent me. It pays to read your Stumbleupon post you never know when you might miss a good opportunity. So after visiting http://webwhiting.stumbleupon.com I find a contest going on between http://TylerCruz.com and http://WinningTheWeb.com and one of the perks are Entrecard points. So I place my vote at the ninth hour because I didn’t get to it until that time. So I will find out today if I was a lucky winner of Entrecard points.

Also I never had the missed opportunity to be a part of the blog rush and I am glad that I didn’t.

2008-01-15 14:17:39

Hi Arlene,

Sorry about the slight moderation delay but posts with links are automatically sent to moderation.

One thing I’d warn you about with using EntreCard and Adsense together is that the increase in traffic will probably result in your Adsense account being ’smart priced’. This means that you will only earn about 10% of what you were earning. This can be critical if you’re using your Adsense account on sites where it’s producing significant income.

Comment by Sucker
2008-01-15 14:15:01

They sure are getting a lot of publicity for sucking!

2008-01-15 14:22:52

Hi Sucker,

Talking about how bad they suck has brought me more traffic than their widget ever did. :)

Comment by Vic
2008-01-15 15:14:23

LMAO That is so true!

Comment by Sucker
2008-01-22 19:24:03

Hahaha same here!

Comment by Colin
2008-07-06 05:02:57

Hi, thanks for the mention. I flushed it down the tube last January. It was only a matter of time before it washed the rest of the downpipe clean. As for Entrecard I think the jury are still out on that one. I will be watching with great intrest.