Burn Notice’s “Ask a Spy” - Burglar Proofing

This Hulu clip is from the ‘Ask a Spy‘, part of the Burn Notice series from USA Network. In this clip, master spy Michael Westen (portrayed by Jeffrey Donovan) tells you how to Burglar Proof your home.

Great, so now pro thieves will be kicking out your drywall too.

Like the show, the clip is semi-serious information blended with a wry sense of humor. I’ve been catching back episodes of it on Hulu and enjoying them so far. The series is supposed to come back on the air in the summer of 2008 with a second season. I guess that’s as long as the writers strike doesn’t delay it.

What is a ‘Burn Notice’? In espionage terms it’s when an intelligence agency brands a former employee as being unreliable in some way, particularly to other intelligence agencies. In the series, Michael Westen gets dumped back in his hometown of Miami after being ‘burned’. He has no resources other than his considerable spy skills so he puts those to use and tries to put his life back together. Of course, action and wry humor ensues as he deals with everything from tense relationships to exploding cars while trying to put his burned life back together.

Have you seen this series? What do you think of it?

Update: Check out my new Burn Notice Fan Site at FreeOtterMail.com

Comment by mike
2007-12-22 17:01:58

I really liked ‘Burn Notice’ - especially Fi(ona): “Shall we shoot them?”.
Great location and direction, edgy editing, tight scripts, likable characters and actors. Looking forward to next season.

2007-12-23 08:50:47

Hi Mike,

I missed it when it was originally on so I’m having to catch up online.

Comment by Steve McGrath
2007-12-23 09:47:34

I’m from Canada so I can’t see the video :(

For the series, yes it’s good and funny. It’s worth watching it. USA network makes good decision and sometimes not like canceling 4400 or Dead Zone without concluding the whole story line. I hope they don’t do that with Burn Notice.

Zoomed!

2007-12-23 09:55:05

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that. I knew that the Hulu beta was only open to US locations but I didn’t know that it affected the embeds as well. Of course, a US based proxy server might solve the problem. :twisted:

I think this comes from the advertisers who only want their products marketed in a certain way in certain areas. It doesn’t seem like geo-location would be that tough to implement but some companies are fairly dense when it comes to this.

Comment by Steve McGrath
2007-12-23 11:24:50

I’m used to that and I know a proxy would fix it. :D

Canadian stations don’t buy the rights to the web based content. Often, we have a delay with non major broadcasters like USA/TNT(those are not even available here). ABC, NBC, FOX and CBS will air on the same day but the web content will not be available. Of course, Hulu is in beta so it’s normal before going world wide if they even do that.

Hey! Tivo just recently entered the Canadian market. ;)

No clips but we got the show at least.

2007-12-23 21:50:29

It’s too bad they can’t get all that online usage licensing stuff worked out but I guess the current writers strike might shake a few things up in that area.

TiVo is great. We’ve been using it for about 4 years now and we couldn’t live without it or another equivalent DVR system. Shows like Lost are just about made for TiVo where you can stop the action and scrutinize clues.

Comment by do it yourself
2009-03-07 11:46:37

Cool, pretty good tips, I just wrote an article on home business security systems, they are quite popular right now and there are so many to choose from.

Comment by watch burn notice
2009-10-28 01:23:59

burn notice is the coolest show