BlogRush Sucks Update: Doing the BlogRush Flush

BlogRush Sucks

It’s time once again for another link fest celebrating the impending demise of BlogRush.

Topping the list is Blogging Zoom co-founder, Courtney Tuttle. In this post, BlogRush Was In, Now It’s Out, Court explains why he decided to ‘Flush the Rush’.

Over at Pure Blogging Sharon Hurley Hall of Get Paid To Write Online wrote this article Don’t Rush To BlogRush detailing the woes with the widget. In the comments, other bloggers mentioned how they had ‘Flushed the Rush’ including: David Bradley, Michael Martine, JHS and Ruchir.

Bart of Onderstekop provided his stats graphics in this ‘Flushing the Rush’ post: Bye, Bye, BlogRush!

Doing the BlogRush FlushZedomax gives some hard numbers of EntreCard vs. BlogRush in this post: EntreCard WINS - EntreCard beats BlogRush in Alexa Reach, Rankings, and Traffic!

Nick at Learn How 2 Earn also did a little metrics tracking he describes here: Entrecard Vs. Blogrush.

Evil Woobie put the two services in the ring as well as described in this post: Entrecard vs. Blogrush: the Battle of Blog Promotion Strategies. Guess who the clear winner was?

If You Write It describes ‘Flushing the Rush’ here: The End of My BlogRush Experiment and Andy of Marketing Blagger does the BlogRush Flush in this one: Bye Bye BlogRush

And, in my last link for this update, The Monetizer decided to ‘Flush the Rush’ in favor of TopSpots: Goodbye BlogRush, Hello TopSpots!

Updates

Here are some additional post about ‘Flushing the Rush’ that have come in:

The Social Piece: Goodbye, BlogRush!

If you have a post describing how you ‘Flushed the Rush’, let me know and I’ll include you in this update or in a future update.

Comment by Sharon Hurley Hall
2007-12-21 06:27:19

Well, thanks for your Entrecard revelation. I’ve had more traffic in less than a day than I had in several months. :)

2007-12-21 07:05:59

Hi Sharon,

EntreCard does bring in traffic right now, unlike BlogRush that brought virtually no traffic. It’s new and the system encourages people to visit a lot of sites. The downside is that the traffic isn’t the best quality since so many people just drop and go. You can read my articles on it to hear about the pros and cons.

Comment by David Bradley
2007-12-21 10:11:15

I almost succumbed to Entrecard having read about it here and there in BlogRush discussions but I doubt it’s really worth bothering with either.

db

2007-12-21 12:33:28

Hi David,

BlogRush is useless, no doubt about that.

EntreCard has some value as a social traffic generator, at least for right now. Will it stay useful? That’s a good question. Historically such traffic exchanges have fallen apart for various reasons.

Comment by joe
2007-12-21 13:00:29

I dumped BlogRush yesterday and posted about it

..I picked up entrecard this week and it has been sending lots of traffic, but this is always going to be a flavor of the month thing.

2007-12-21 13:12:51

Thanks for stopping by Joe. Your link has been added.

Comment by Lin
2008-01-12 11:39:17

Ok that does it for me. I’m removing BlogRush from my blog. I was hoping it would do better than it has, but the numbers of visitors I’ve received from BlogRush doesn’t amount to much. Usually only one visitor to a post, even when the post had high syndication numbers. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

2008-01-12 11:57:56

Hi Lin,

Ironically, the traffic from it might increase slightly as the number of people dropping it in favor of better systems, like EntreCard, increases. However, I don’t see it ever coming near to what EntreCard delivers in terms of social networking traffic. I expect to see BlogRush all but disappear within the next 6 months.

Trackback by b5a88092eac9
2008-05-09 20:53:34

Yes, I agree Blogrush Sucks!!!!