If you’ve got a blog you’ve got to have Top 10 Lists. Here’s a list of my top ten favorite quotes from Science Fiction Movies.
First, Da Rules
1. It has to be a movie movie, one that was shown in theaters, not just a TV movie or direct to DVD.
2. It can’t be an actor’s trademark catch phrase used in several movies (Sorry Arnie)
3. It has to be a single statement by one character, not a dialog between characters.
10. Since when can a weatherman predict the weather, let alone the future - Marty McFly - Back To The Future
9. Soylent Green is people! - Thorn - Soylent Green
8. That’s it man, game over man, game over! - Hudson - Aliens
7. I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason. Klaatu - The Day the Earth Stood Still
6. Is this testing whether I’m a replicant or a lesbian, Mr. Deckard? - Rachael - Blade Runner
5. Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death. - Cornelius - Planet of the Apes
4. He’s on safari. The lions, the tigers, the bears… oh, my! - Peter Keyes - Predator 2
3. I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure. - Agent Smith - The Matrix
2. You see, according to Cocteau’s plan I’m the enemy, ’cause I like to think; I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, OK? I want to smoke Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, OK, pal? I’ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It’s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I’m an Oscar Meyer Wiener". - Edgar Friendly - Demolition Man
1. It can only be attributable to human error. - Hal - 2001: A Space Odyssey
What Are Yours?
There are mine. Feel free to leave a comment with your favorite Science Fiction movie quotes.