A Heart Attack on a Burrito - Country Breakfast Burrito

hardees country breakfast burrito

This Monday, Hardee’s unveiled their 920-calorie burrito called the Country Breakfast Burrito. It consists of two egg omelets stuffed full of bacon, diced ham, sausage, cheddar cheese, hash browns and sausage gravy. This concoction is wrapped inside a flour tortilla. It has 920 calories and 60 grams of fat.

A Hardee’s spokesperson said, “We don’t try to hide what these are. When consumers go to other fast-food places they feel like they’ve got to buy two of their breakfast sandwiches or burritos to fill up. This is really designed to fill you up.”

No Kidding. :shock: :)

I don’t know about you but I find it rather disgusting, at least all mixed together like that. With the sausage gravy in there you would be likely to be wearing it if you tried to eat it while driving. Yuck. I can’t see the cheese and eggs mixing well with the gravy either, double yuck. I know if I’m going to indulge in a cheap cholesterol fest I’m going to have a sit down meal at Waffle House or some other such place. I’m not going to try to eat it on the run.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest had to weigh in with a big negative on this food item with their veiled hints that such items should be banned ala the society depicted in the movie Demolition Man. I agree with what the Hardee’s guy said, if someone buys one they know what they’re getting into. And someone might just want to eat one just because they feel like it pal.

What do you think? Disgusting or tasty? Should it be banned or should people be allowed to gorge on one if they want? Let me know. Leave a comment.

Comment by financial hack
2007-10-16 23:16:55

and people wonder why there is a weight problem in the US. I love my share of stuff that is bad for me, but I also have learned that slowing down and actually enjoying the taste of food is something that we should all do more of. I don’t see any joy in that monstrocity…

Edit by jfc: Fixed your URL

2007-10-16 23:23:42

Thanks for stopping by financial hack.

Eating healthy certainly is a challenge. There have been times in my life when I did the vegan thing or other diet plans but they make me tired and cranky. I’ve also had times when I put on a lot of weight. Now I try to keep a good balance. For example, I limit myself to a single sweetened soda a day and drink unsweetened green, white, or red tea or just water other times.

2008-06-01 10:02:12

Hello Frank,

I thought it was interesting that vitamin books are showing up with your fast food article. Ha Ha!

Taking advantage of the beginning of the month, like you said. Thanks!

Lamach50

2008-06-01 10:30:25

Hi Lamach50,

Everybody knows that if you eat a calorie and fat stuffed burrito wrap and wash it down with a Diet Coke or a Black Coffee and take some vitamins with it that makes it OK. :)

2008-07-04 07:03:43

Who would possibly think of eating this concoction in their car? I have trouble eating a potato chip or a piece of chewing gum without dribbling all over myself. I’d get to work looking like an explosion in a fast food restaurant if I tried eating one of these on the road.

Perhaps Hardee’s Country Breakfast Burrito contains the sort of food that some people who lived in the country used to eat many years ago — but remember, they were up and about at four in the morning doing chores and led lives full of physical labor. Those of us who spend most of our time in front of a computer are gonna have to steer clear of this particular culinary treat.

2008-07-11 03:41:30

Amish — I agree with you completely, that you couldn’t eat very many of these things and that you couldn’t eat them very often. But as an occasional pig out; I find it hard to imagine that there’s anything more satisfying than a Hardee’s Country Breakfast Burrito.

Oh, and yes — better not to eat it in your car.

2008-08-12 15:12:21

Yikes! That is definitely a heart attack wrapped in a tortilla! Wow, I am sure I could probably finish one in the morning, but it is disgusting to think about eating it while driving.

2008-08-15 00:36:35

Yuck, total yuck! Just give me a simple burger and fries and a milk shake, dude. That is just too weird. And too big for one person to finish. Who could ever eat that while they drove a car or truck anyway? They would have to wash the inside of the car when they was done, plus do laundry. Gross.

Comment by ann thornton
2008-12-03 05:54:24

your new hashbrowns suck.we will be eating breakfast some were else besides hardees.my daughteronly eats hashbrownes from hardees .yall mest up your new hashbrowes arn’t good and the flavor sucks also.

Comment by Sunglasses
2009-06-18 14:58:38

Oh dear lord, that looks so delicious. I’m not sure how crazy I’d be about the gravy though. Knowing how much fat and calories it contains makes it disgusting to me too. I can’t get over the gravy though. That’s the nastiest part about it to me.

If people go eat these burritos knowing full well how much fat and calories it has…let them eat it, and deal withthe consequences.

Comment by Michael Williams
2010-05-19 21:55:43

A close friend of mine died of a Heart Attack, his heart condition is caused by him being so obese.”;~